The department focuses on primary and secondary education and arranges to train teachers and this department have whole responsible for implementation of Government reforms in School Education in the society, for giving impart education to the children of 0 to 14 age group for their development in education and motivate their views and thinks in elementary to Secondary education levels . And various steps for taken to better education to the children under various schemes introduced by the Government like RVM (SSA), RMSA, MODEL SCHOOLS ,MDM and technical support in Class Rooms from time to time for giving better Education to Elementary to Secondary Education level children.
The objectives of the Department of School Education are:
- Provide access to primary education for all children in the age group of 5-15 years
- Ensure the enrollment of children in schools
- Ensure that the children do not discontinue primary education
- Maintain quality standards in education.
- Provide mid-day meals to children in primary and upper primary schools that fall under the government, local bodies and aided managements
- Provide free text books to children of classes I to V studying in the schools under the government, local bodies and aided managements
- Provide free text books to all the children of classes VI to X belonging to Backward Classes (BC), Scheduled Caste (SC.) and Scheduled Tribe (ST.) studying in the schools under the government, local bodies and aided managements
- Provide training to the teachers to help them upgrade their knowledge and skills,thereby ensure quality in teaching
- Strengthen and maintain standards of Pre-service Teacher Education
- Programmes to ensure quality education
- Ensure community participation in strengthening the school education system.