Role & Functionality of Dept:
The department looks after the subject of planning and development in urban and rural areas. The development is achieved through Master Plans prepared for the urban centers and rural areas by way of Master Plans and indicative Land Use Plans.The planned development is achieved through approval of layouts and by regulating the developments through building rules and zoning regulations and approval of industrial institutions.The department assists the Government in all Town and Country Planning matters as well as in coordinating with various departments involved in area development like A.P. Housing Board, A.P. State Housing and Urban Development Corporations. A.P. Industrial and infrastructure corporation, Industries Department etc.
- Preparation of General Town Planning Schemes (Master Plans),
- Preparation of Indicative Land Use Plans (Mandal Master Plans),
- Technical Approval of Layouts,
- Technical Approval of Buildings Plans. (Group Housing), Commercial complexes,
- Technical Clearance of Installations (Industries).