Andhra Pradesh Micro Irrigation Project ( APMIP )
Role and Functionality of Department
AP Micro Irrigation Project, a comprehensive Project being implemented in a big way in Andhra Pradesh for providing Micro Irrigation. The Project was launched in November’2003 with an objective of enhancing the crop productivity by improving the water use efficiency through Micro Irrigation Systems. Drip irrigation is an efficient method of applying water and nutrients to crops in the root zones
- Saving irrigation water upto 50% by minimizing water losses by deep percolation runoff and evaporation.
- Saving Power consumption
- More than 30% increase in yields, besides quality improvement
- Saving labour charges upto 70% during field preparation, irrigation, weeding & fertilizer application
- Cost on fertilizers reduced by 50% and fertilizers can be utilized efficiently through the drip system
- Possibility of using saline water for irrigation through drip
- Pest & disease attack is less due to low atmospheric humidity
- By implementing the Drip irrigation total cost of cultivation reduced by 40%
Drip Irrigation :
- 100% subsidy for Small and Marginal farmers of SC/ST category limited to Rs.2 lakhs (< 5 acrs )
- 90% subsidy for Small and Marginal farmers of Others limited to Rs.2 lakhs (< 5 acrs )
- 70% subsidy for Medium farmers limited to Rs.2.80 lakhs(> 5 acrs <10 acrs )
- 50% subsidy for Other farmers limited to Rs.4.0 lakhs (>10 acrs)
Sprinkler Irrigation (Portable, Semi Permanent,Rainguns:
- 50% subsidy for Small and Marginal farmers upto land ceiling limit i.e. maximum area of 5 Ac
Action Plan 2019-20
During 2019-20 a target of 11000 ha is allotted under Micro Irrigation to this district. The identification of beneficiaries is in progress, the Micro irrigation Area officers, Micro irrigation company employees and Horticulture Department field functionaries are doing Bio-metric Registrations in the village itself. Village wise campaigns are conducting to cover all potential villages in 30 mandals.
|Sl.No||Name of the Employee (Sarvasri)||Designation||Mobile Nos|
|1||P.V.S. Ravi Kumar||Project Director||7995087045|
|10||S.V.S. Lakshmi Kumar||MIAO-Vissannapeta||7995009917|
|15||B. Syambabu||MIAO- Vuyyuru||7993354057|
|17||G. Vamsi Naik||MIAO- Tiruvuru||7993354059|
EMAIL ADDRESS :-
- The main objectives of the department are :
- To extend technical services & guidance to farmers on implementation of new technologies, introduction of new crops etc.
- To increase production and productivity by bringing additional area through diversification of traditional crops to market driven horticultural crops like fruits and high value vegetables, spices, medicinal & aromatic plants, plantation crops and flowers
- To improve the productivity of horticultural crops, with the use of high yielding / hybrid quality planting materials, by rejuvenation of old orchards & by adoption of improved package of practices etc.
- Organization Structure in the District:
Head Quarter Information:
Project Director, APMIP, Krishna, Vijayawada
Cell No. 7995087045
Vijayawada – 520 003.
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Land line : 0866 – 2434152